Bristol Refugee Rights Funding Appeal July 2014
The Welcome Centre is a place for asylum seekers and refugees who have fled war and persecution and are seeking safety in Bristol. Our members come from over 60 countries, the largest groups being from Iraq, Sudan, Somalia, Syria and Iran. In 8 years, we have welcomed over 2,000 asylum seekers and refugees and regularly support over 200 members each week.
The Welcome Centre desperately needs funds to stay open!
Over 8 years BRR has built a community of hope, solidarity and trust. BRR is a place where people can rebuild their lives. We support people through a tough, complicated and often cruel asylum process. We work together to challenge injustice.
This unique, diverse and vibrant place has the power to change people’s lives. But we are facing a funding crisis. We are doing everything we can to raise money and we need you to help us. If 300 people gave a small amount each month that would be enough to keep the Welcome Centre open one full day a week, plus two days of our English classes. Be part of the 300 to keep BRR open! DONATE NOW
Our members say:
“The Welcome Centre is my community … it is my hope entirely.”
“After I lost my life in my country because of war, BRR has become my second life.”
“When I am here I forget all my worries.”
Could you commit to giving regularly? Even small regular donations could keep this vital service open:
- £5 a month pays for one member to have a cooked meal in each week, in a safe place among friends.
* For 16% of our member this is the only cooked meal they eat each week. *
- £10 a month pays for one advocacy session to help a member with their claim for asylum
* Many of the people using this service are destitute, with no recourse to public funds. 99% are happy with the support they get from BRR. *
- £25 a month provides support for volunteering opportunities for BRR members
* 80% of member-volunteers say volunteering has helped them to feel better about themselves. *