Together we can make a difference – become an Alabaré Volunteer
Since Alabaré was founded over 20 years ago, volunteers remain at the heart of everything we do. We are now looking to recruit more volunteers to help us take Alabaré forward – towards a society where everyone has the opportunity to enjoy a fulfilling life. Would you like to learn new skills, enhance your CV, gain hands-on experience, and contribute to a worthwhile cause?
We are looking for:
· People to do sleepovers at the new Alabaré Place
· Admin assistants to work in our offices
· People to befriend and assist vulnerable Service Users
· People who can assist with DIY in our projects
· People to accompany service users with learning disabilities
· Support for people with learning disabilities and mental health issues in woodwork, arts and crafts, and pottery at Barford Training Centre
“To me, volunteering is about using the gifts you have within you to bring help to those who need it.”- Bob Stallard, who has volunteered in the Finance Department for 15 years.
Volunteering with Alabaré would mean that you could make a real difference to a person’s life - in many cases the work involves working directly with our service users and residents. One example of this kind of work are people who volunteer for sleepovers, and we are currently looking for 30 willing volunteers to spend nights at Alabaré Place once it is opened in the Autumn. Being a volunteer also means that you will automatically become a member of the Alabaré Network (click here for more information).
If you would like to find out more, please contact Jo King at j.king a_t alabare d_o_t co d_o_t uk or 01722 333946.