Location: St James’ Church Lockleaze, Romney Avenue, BS7 9TD
Hours of work: 20 hours per week (0.5WTE); days negotiable
Accountable to: Dave Jeal
Responsible for: Youth & community work at St James
St James' Lockleaze is looking for someone to be responsible for the organisation and delivery of youth & community work. We are situated at the centre of a large council estate and applicants will have to be able to focus on the needs of the community. We want our services to engage the local youth and children and the post holder will liaise closely with Dave Jeal and play a key role in the development of activities. The post holder will provide direct support to volunteers at St James’ and co-ordinate rotas necessary for delivery of activities.
To support delivery of Youth and children’s work at St James’ Lockleaze including a Friday morning Mums and Tods group, a Friday night youth club and activities during the Sunday service.
Recruit, support and oversee suitable volunteers to deliver services including organising and planning rotas and ensuring premises left in appropriate condition after activities.
To provide knowledge and advice in relation to children and youth work and liaise with local youth organisations, statutory bodies and churches.
To develop other children and youth activities such as clubs/activity weeks during school holidays when Friday activities may not operate, after-school club, visiting local schools.
Support the planning and set up of an over 60s Lunch club at St James including menus, volunteers and activities
Identification of gaps in local service provision that could represent developmental opportunities
Manage and ensure availability of resources for activities
Weekly meeting with Dave Jeal for planning, review of deadlines and actions and monthly expenditure.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- salary will depend on experience but circa £18-20,000 pro rata
Terms of appointment
- the post is a fixed term contract for a year, and employment after that depends on the renewal of funding sources
Weekly hours of work
- 20 hours per week. This will include unsocial hours and weekend working
Continuing professional development
- This will be undertaken after completion of a Personal Development Plan and in discussion with Dave Jeal
Annual leave entitlement
- 12.5 days plus Bank Holidays avoiding the run up to Christmas and Easter
- Probationary period of 3 months
- This will be encouraged and should support spiritual growth and direction
Termination of employment
- Where the contract is terminated by St James’ Lockleaze the following notice period will apply
- Where the contract is terminated by the employee, the following notice period will apply
Thereafter one month’s notice.
For further information or an application form please contact Dave Jeal by email at davejeal a_t blueyonder d_o_t co d_o_t uk